Adirondack Adventures Enrichment Camp
Myers Education Center, 15 Henning Rd, Saratoga Springs
July 13 -17
Half Day (includes 2 courses) | $125 per week | Grades 3-6
Morning Session: 8:30 – 11:30 am Afternoon Session: 12 – 3 pm
Full Day (includes 4 courses, campers must bring lunch)
$260 per week | 8:30 am – 3 pm | Grades 3-6
Morning Session: 8:30 – 11:30 am (Choose 2 courses)
- Potato Chip Challenge – Saratoga County is home to many stories of discoveries, developments and inventions. One of these, dating back to the mid 1800s is the invention of the potato chip. Students will explore themes of invention, entrepreneurship and innovation through the life of a potato chip in this deliciously hands-on adventure!
- Anatomy of a Comic Book – Explore your creative potential! Brainstorming, storytelling, character design, learning to develop style and direct action will get us started in writing your own comic book. Students work together developing plots, sharing options and having fun while learning to tell stories.
- Ecological Encounter – Discover your local ecosystem while having hands on fun with the Wilton Wildlife Preserve! Why do beavers build dams and how do frogs fit into the food chain? These are just some of the questions we will be answering in this interactive series where students will plant native plants, become busy bees, and play active ecosystem games.
Afternoon Session: 12 pm – 3 pm (Choose 2 Courses)
- Paintology – Find your inner artist! Students will learn painting concepts and techniques through this fun and creative course. Explore the Adirondacks and the mysteries of nature through art.
- Gaming & Coding – Take a look behind the scenes of your favorite digital games in this introductory coding course. Students will have fun learning basic coding while designing their own digital game!
- Taste of the Adirondacks – This hands on culinary course will introduce students to locally grown foods and regional favorites that make the Adirondacks famous! All new recipes!